Roll all those cravings into one
When I was pregnant, I had such strong cravings for Mexican food, macaroni and cheese, and jalapeños.
Adversely, in the beginning of my pregnancy, meat was the last thing I wanted, so my husband had to find creative ways to hide what little ground beef I permitted in our food so we could still get in that much protein. Here’s a quick recipe we used to satisfy all of those requests in one dish. Substitute silverware for tortilla chips for a more festive, hands-on dining experience.
Mexican Mac & Cheese Casserole
1/2 pound ground beef
1 can of Rotel
1 box of Velveeta Shells and Cheese, prepared (or your favorite macaroni and cheese brand)
1/2 package of taco seasoning
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 Sliced jalepeños (for reduced heartburn, take out the seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed.
- Brown ground beef and drain, and then add taco seasoning.
- Mix beef, macaroni and cheese, Rotel, and jalapenos together before placing in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and place in oven to back for 45 minutes.
(For a healthier spin on this meal, Rotel can be replaced with freshly chopped tomatoes and cilantro.)