Diaper cakes are becoming more popular and more creative each baby shower season. The gift is a favorite among moms because it offers several must-have items—from diapers, bottles, receiving blankets and more—all nicely packaged. But not all have the time or craftiness to devote to such a gift. This craft is an easy-to-do alternative to the time-strapped party-goer or thrower, based off the blog Club Chica Circle at http://club.chicacircle.com/cupcake-onesies-gift-idea/.
- 4-pack of infant onesies ~ $7.94
- 2-pack of infant socks ~ $1.87
- Cupcake gift box for four (3-pack) ~ $3.50
- Clasp snaps together and fold arms and sides of onesie in to make a long rectangle.
- Fold the garment in half again long ways, making a long tube.
- Lay sock out at one end of the onesie, perpendicular to its length, with the opening of the sock at the bottom.
- Roll the onesie up over the middle of the sock and continue to roll until there is no more slack.
- Bring the opening of the sock up under the rolled onesie to make a cupcake sleeve, thus holding the “cupcake” together with a toe of the sock serving as the “icing.”
- Either leave unembellished or use a decorative cupcake sleeve for added effect.
- Place in the cupcake gift box. (Note: Because my box was plain white, I used a ribbon to complete the craft)
Total cost*: $13.31
* not including optional items, such as cupcake sleeves or ribbon.
Total time: 15 minutes
More DIY Baby Shower Gifts
For this and other ideas we like, check out our favorite boards at pinterest.com/fromournestmag