It can be difficult to see the sun through the rain. Capture some of the brighter moments to be the light in your dark days throughout the year. Whether it’s a funny comment or a sweet gesture your child made, a romantic token from your significant other, a meaningful quote that you want to remember, a moment of reflection on a great day, or a keepsake from a memorable event, keep these positive memories within reach with a memories catcher so you can keep coming back to them when you need them most.
- Wide Mouth Mason Jar with lid $10.00 for 12
- 300 Popsicle Sticks
- $4.80 Black Felt Tip Pen $1.46
- Ribbon (100 yards) $3.99
- Embellishments Varies
Total cost*: $20.25
* This leaves an additional 11 Mason jars and doesn’t account for jar embellishments.
- Use the Mason jar, or a similar container, as the memory catcher. Decorate it as you wish, with a creative, embellished label or a simple Post-It note.
- Tie the ribbon around the jar to serve as a pen and blank Popsicle stick holder.
- Write your memories with a black felt tip pen (other pens won’t work as well, if at all) on the Popsicle stick as they arise.
- If a memorable quote or event takes more than one Popsicle stick, tie multiple together with ribbon or a twist-tie.
- Read your memories at the end of the month, end of the year or when your jar is full–smile and enjoy!
More DIY Happy Jars
Follow us on Pinterest for this and other ideas we like, check out our favorite boards at pinterest.com/fromournestmag