Fast. Feasible. Flavorful.
Whether your strapped for time because of after-school activities or the ever-changing demands and taste buds of a toddler, we know the feelings of looking at the clock and frantically trying to put together a meal that will appease all at the table. If you’re looking to get lots of delicious flavor but don’t have the funds or time to buy and prepare a slew of ingredients, these recipes are for you. From snacks to soups to the main course, try these dishes on time and a dime with your family.
Cheesy baked potato soup
1 pkg of Country Gourmet Home Cheesy Baked Potato Soup Mix
4 cups water*
1 TBS green onions (optional)
1 TBS shredded cheese (optional)
1 TBS bacon bits (optional)
- Add water to a 2 qt. sauce pan.
- Add in the soup mix using a wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour soup into a bowl and top with chopped green onions, shredded cheese and bacon bits.
*Add an additional 1/2 cup of water for thinner soup
Savory slow cooker family chicken
1 pkg of Country Gourmet Home Family Chicken Slow Cooker Mix
1 cup of water
2 lbs. chicken breasts
1 cup sliced red onions (optional)
1 cup baby carrots (optional)
5 cubed new potatoes (optional)
- In a slow cooker, combine seasoning mix and 1 cup water.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Add new potatoes, carrots and onions on top of chicken.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.*
*Allow an additional 1 to 2 hours for frozen chicken.
1 pkg Country Gourmet Home S’mores Dessert Mix
8 oz. softened cream cheese
8 oz. whipped cream topping
1 box Graham Crackers
- Put softened cream cheese with dip mix into a large bowl.
- Use an electric mixer and blend until smooth.
- Gently fold in a thawed container of whipped cream topping.
- Serve with graham crackers.